Sleepless Nights with Teetha®
Help baby get a good nights’ sleep during teething with Nelsons Teetha®
Friday 19th March 2021 is World Sleep Day, an annual celebration of sleep and a call to action on all important sleep issues. However, for most mothers of teething babies sleep may well be a thing of the past. Is your baby’s regular sleep pattern being disturbed by sudden waking during the night? If you’ve ruled out other causes, like a cold, then teething may be one of the reasons. Some babies do not show many signs of teething apart from drooling and excessive chewing while others will get clingy and cranky as the tooth is popping through. Some babies will sleep through it all while others will have numerous nights of waking.
Teething can affect babies from birth, but usually begins at around 4 months. The discomfort that teething causes can start well in advance of any teeth actually appearing. Your baby will be producing more saliva. Along with the excess dribbling, babies who are about to cut teeth may also experience some teething pain.
Here are some tips to help soothe your baby during teething:
- Give them something to chew on – a clean teething ring or a toy that has been sterilized and chilled in the fridge can be soothing.
- Try offering your baby a cold bottle of water or diluted juice. This can also help replenish your baby's fluid levels when dribbling is excessive.
- It may help to massage the gums with a clean, cool finger.
- If the constant dribbling is causing sore skin, redness or a rash, try to keep the area dry and apply a barrier cream to protect and soothe the skin.
- Try homeopathic teething granules such as Nelsons Teetha Teething Granules which is a homeopathic remedy specially formulated for the soothing and calming relief of the symptoms of teething.
Nelsons Teetha® Teething Granules is a homeopathic medicinal product used within the homeopathic tradition for the symptomatic relief of teething pain and the symptoms associated with teething which are sore and tender gums, flushed cheeks and dribbling. It is ready-dosed in a convenient granule format that simply dissolves in a baby’s mouth to help ease the pain of teething. It contains a 6c homeopathic potency of natural Chamomilla and is suitable from 3 months old. Always read the label.