The active ingredients in this product are used within the homeopathic tradition for the symptomatic relief of teething pain and symptoms related to teething:
- Chamomilla is traditionally used in homeopathy to help relieve teething pain.
- Belladonna is traditionally used in homeopathy to help relieve flushed cheeks and dribbling.
- Aconite is traditionally used in homeopathy to help with sore and tender gums.
1. What is this medicine for
Nelsons Teetha Teething Gel is a homeopathic medicinal product used within the homeopathic tradition for the symptomatic relief of teething pain and the symptoms associated with teething, which are sore and tender gums, flushed cheeks and dribbling.
2. Before giving this medicine
- This medicine may not be suitable for some babies. Ask your doctor or pharmacist before giving it to the baby if you are not sure.
- Do not give this medicine to the baby if he/she is allergic to any of the ingredients, see section 6.
- Unless otherwise directed by your doctor, do not give this medicine to babies under 3 months.
- If the baby is being given any other medicines, including medicines prescribed by your doctor, or any bought without a prescription, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before giving the baby this medicine.
- This homeopathic medicinal product contains small amounts of ethanol (see section 6).
- The use of this product with other medicinal products containing ethanol should be avoided.
3. How to use this medicine
For babies aged 3 months and over only.
- Check tube seal is not broken before first use. If it is do not use the gel.
- Pierce seal with point in top of cap.
- With a clean finger apply a pea sized amount of the gel to the sore area on the baby’s gums and teeth.
- Use every 4 hours for up to 6 times per day.
- Once opened use within 28 days.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- If you are unsure how to use the gel consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- If the symptoms worsen or do not show improvement after 7 days, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner.
- If you forget to give this medicine to the baby, continue with the usual dose at the usual time. It does not matter if you have missed a dose.
- If you accidentally give the baby too much gel or if the baby accidentally swallows some gel, consult your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible.
4. Possible side effects
This medicine is not expected to cause any side effects. However, as with all medicines, side effects can occur. If the symptoms become worse or they do not show improvement after 7 days, or if the baby experiences any adverse or unwanted effects, consult a doctor or pharmacist.
5. Storing this medicine
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not store above 25ºC.
- Do not use after expiry date on carton and tube.
- Once opened use within 28 days.
- If the medicine shows any signs of deterioration, consult your pharmacist before using it.
- Return any unused medicine to your pharmacist for safe disposal.
6. Further information
What is this medicine
Each 1g of oral gel contains: Chamomilla 12c, Belladonna 12c, Aconite 12c
Water, Ethanol, Xylitol (E967), Hypromellose, Glycerol, Xanthan gum. This homeopathic medicinal product contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per dose.
What does the medicine look like
Teetha Teething Gel is a colourless translucent gel available in a 15g tube.
NR authorisation holder & manufacturer is:
A Nelson & Co Limited,
5-9 Endeavour Way,